Today is #GivingTuesday – the international day of giving back to our communities and our planet. While Black Friday and Cyber Monday are about getting deals, #GivingTuesday is about coming together to support and champion the causes we believe in, and the communities in which we live.
Consider making a donation this #GivingTuesday in support of MountainTrue to protect the places we share.
By supporting MountainTrue you are:
- monitoring timber sales, fighting invasive pests, and protecting our old-growth tree stands;
- campaigning to clean up coal ash pollution and for more renewable energy for WNC;
- cleaning up our rivers and streams to keep our waters healthy places to fish, paddle and swim;
- partnering with marginalized communities to make sure they receive a fair shake in large infrastructure projects like the widening of I-26 through Asheville; and
- lobbying in Raleigh, keeping an eye on new legislation, and working with legislators to protect our mountains.
Become a monthly donor and make a big impact with a small initial donation.
MountainTrue members pose for a photo on the Pilot Cove Loop Trail in Pisgah National Forest during our Fall Scenic Hike.
MountainTrue’s Public Lands Field Biologist Josh Kelly documents the age of a 200 year-old tree as part of our objection to a timber sale.