Healthy Communities Program Intern
The Healthy Communities intern will work with Chris Joyell, Healthy Communities Director, to research issues involving housing, transportation, land use controls and health, and assist in engaging communities in designing their future. Our work is rooted in the principles of Smart Growth, and we encourage prospective interns to familiarize themselves with these principles prior to engaging with us. A background in design and/or planning is preferred, but students studying health, environmental management, geography/GIS, and economics have also found their niche in our program.
Start date: Flexible
End date: Flexible
Work schedule: Flexible
Compensation: Mileage reimbursed at approximately $0.45 per mile
Location: This position will work with staff in either our Asheville or Hendersonville offices and much of the work can frequently be done remotely.
Please answer the following questions in your cover letter and attach that document when submitting your application form:
- What skills and experience can you bring to this internship?
- What skills and experience are you hoping to gain from the internship?
- Is this internship for school credit or for personal experience?
- What connection do you see between the built environment and the natural areas MountainTrue is working to protect?
- How do you hope to leverage your internship experience in furthering your career?
Including a resume is optional. Apply through this form.