Become a member of MountainTrue
MountainTrue members help protect our forests, water and air, and have the opportunity to hike with experts, volunteer to monitor streams, maintain our amazing Paddle Trail along the French Broad River, and clear trails in the national forest. Have fun with us, learn more about the incredible natural treasures of our region, and make a difference in your community.
By supporting MountainTrue you are:
- monitoring timber sales, fighting invasive pests, and protecting our old-growth tree stands;
- campaigning to clean up coal ash pollution and for more renewable energy for WNC;
- cleaning up our rivers and streams to keep our waters healthy places to fish, paddle and swim;
- partnering with marginalized communities to make sure they receive a fair shake in large infrastructure projects like the widening of I-26 through Asheville; and
- lobbying in Raleigh, keeping an eye on new legislation, and working with legislators to protect our mountains.
Become a monthly donor and make a big impact with a small initial donation.
MountainTrue members pose for a photo on the Pilot Cove Loop Trail in Pisgah National Forest during our Fall Scenic Hike.
MountainTrue’s Public Lands Field Biologist Josh Kelly documents the age of a 200 year-old tree as part of our objection to a timber sale.