The Development and Operations Coordinator will further the mission of MountainTrue by providing excellent and energetic fundraising support for the organization. This position is responsible for the management of data to be used to analyze engagement, donor and marketing functions. This position is also responsible for processing donations, corresponding with donors, and engaging with supporters at events. The Development and Operations Coordinator reports to the Development & Engagement Manager. This is a permanent, full time position based out of the Asheville MountainTrue office. Occasional nights/weekends for select events may be required.
- Maintain foundation, business, and individual donor files.
- Create event forms and calendar listings as needed.
- Develop mailing lists and complete in-house member and appeal mailings.
- Recommend processes to translate strategies into database tracking, stay current in database features and utility, develop reports, ensure the data’s accuracy and integrity, perform database maintenance and clean-up projects to improve data integrity and database performance, and facilitate end-user training and support.
- Coordinate and plan for future data conversions/upgrades as needed.
- Provide administrative support for fiscal agent relationships, including processing acknowledgments and record keeping
- Process donations and prepare acknowledgment letters and other donor correspondence.
- Together with the bookkeeper, reconcile donor records with accounting records.
- Complete Development & Fundraising Metric Reports.
- Answer phone and email inquiries regarding donations.
- Assist with the planning and implementation of events, outings, and activities. Will be required to work events as needed including occasional evenings and weekends.
- Provide reports for annual audit and 990.
- Update annual organizational forms.
Other duties as assigned by the Development & Engagement Manager.
- Exceptional attention to detail while maintaining productivity including accurate and efficient typing, ability to work on many projects at once, problem-solving skills, and ability to organize and prioritize work.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Excel
- Experience with CRM (Constituent/Customer Relationship Management) databases and online giving platforms (EveryAction, SalesForce, BlueState, and NationBuilder) preferred.
- Excellent written and oral interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to work as part of a team as well as independently.
MountainTrue values and respects all types of diversity and strongly encourages applicants from traditionally marginalized groups to apply. We prohibit discrimination and harassment and provide equal employment opportunity without regard to, and not limited to, ethnicity, religion, race, national origin, abilities, gender identity, age or genetic information. We are committed to recruiting, hiring and promoting those from minority and disadvantaged groups. We want to live in a world that recognizes the inherent strengths that come from different viewpoints, backgrounds, cultures and experiences. As a team, we have taken on a commitment to examining our unconscious biases and want to work towards an equitable, peaceful and just world.
Location & Compensation
Location is in Asheville. Salary is in the lower 40s. Benefits package includes 20 vacation days per year, 12 holidays, sick leave, sabbatical after five years, health insurance, simple IRA with employer contribution of up to 3%.
How to Apply
Email cover letter, resume, and three references to Adam Bowers, Adam@mountaintrue.org. The subject line should read: “Development and Operations Coordinator.” The cover letter should address your work history and interest in the position in 600 words or less.
Application deadline: February 24, 2023