Temporary Contract – MountainTrue Development and Operations Coordinator
MountainTrue champions resilient forests, clean waters and healthy communities in the Southern Blue Ridge.
This is a part-time, four month temporary, contract position providing support to the Development Director. The position is responsible for processing donations, issuing donation acknowledgments and maintaining accurate data in the organization’s database.
- Maintain foundation, business and individual donor files.
- Pulling mailing lists and managing the member renewal mailing process.
Donations (up to 15 hrs/week)
- Process donations and prepare acknowledgement letters and other donor correspondence.
- Together with the bookkeeper, reconcile donor records with accounting records.
- Respond to email inquiries regarding donations in coordination with the Development Director.
Exceptional attention to detail while maintaining productivity including accurate and efficient typing, ability to work on many assignments at once, problem-solving skills, and ability to organize and prioritize work.
- Demonstrated computer skills and experience with databases and online giving platforms.
- Experience with NGP VAN/Every Action preferred.
- Excellent written and oral interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to work as part of a team as well as independently.
- Maintain project deadlines while working in-office or remotely.
- 20 hr/week beginning in April, 2021. Schedule determined in coordination with the Development Director.
- Must be available for up to 12 hours of in person and/or virtual training between March 1 – 17, 2021. Date and times TBD with Development & Operations Coordinator.
MountainTrue values and respects all types of diversity and strongly encourages applicants from traditionally marginalized groups to apply. We prohibit discrimination and harassment and provide equal employment opportunity without regard to, and not limited to, ethnicity, religion, race, national origin, abilities, sexual orientation, gender identity, age or genetic information. We are committed to recruiting, hiring and promoting those from minority and disadvantaged groups. We want to live in a world that recognizes the inherent strengths that come from different viewpoints, backgrounds, cultures and experiences. As a team, we have taken on a commitment to examining our unconscious biases and want to work towards an equitable, peaceful and just world.
This is a 4 month, part-time position from April 1 – July 15, 2021 (subject to change) based out of the Asheville MountainTrue office, with the option to work remotely depending on circumstances. Rate of pay is $18/hr.
To apply, mail or email a cover letter, resume, and three references to Adam Bowers, MountainTrue, 29 N. Market Street, Suite 610, Asheville, NC, 28801 or Adam@mountaintrue.org. Application deadline: January 22, 2021